To raise awareness about the importance of protecting turtles, local community leaders, supported by Department of Maritime and Fishery Affairs and local government officials of Tambrauw regency will conduct Traditional Ritual for Calling Leatherback Turtles on 25 June 2015. The festival is open to everybody who is interested in watching the landing of leatherback turtles at Pasir Panjang beach to lay their eggs.
|Batu Kapal beach near Sausapor town of Tambrauw regency|
- First fly from your country to Jakarta city.
- After getting Visa On Arrival, continue your trip to Sorong city by flying with Garuda, or Sriwijaya Air, or Express Air
- When you have arrived in Sorong city, continue your trip to Sausapor town by passenger boats KM. Sunlia and KM. Ave Maria (ticket price is 100,000 to 150,000 rupiahs for economy class rupiahs or approximately 8 to 12 US dollars per person). The boat leaves Sorong city (from Pelabuhan Rakyat) for Sausapor town on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Make sure that you arrive in Sausapor town before 25 June 2015 so that you will get free transport to Pasir Panjang beach during the festival.
- Accommodation is free (just go to the office of WWF and meet Anis Sundoi)