Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Digital Illustration of a Butterfly

I like art. I have created a lot of sketches and paintings in the last five years and now I am thinking of learning digital illustration. So, I installed Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Macromedia Freehand MX in my computer. Although Freehand MX is considered as dead. I like it very much. Yes, in 2013, I install Macromedia Freehand MX in my laptop. It is fast and very easy.
Well, I will not talk about the software in this post. A few minutes ago, I have just finished drawing a butterfly using Adobe Photoshop CS3. Because I am still in a beginning level, my artwork is not perfect yet. I will try to spend more time reading tutorials of the above software that are abundantly available on the internet to master the software.
The some of colors that I apply on this illustration are similar to the original colors of the butterfly in its natural habitat. Unfortunately, when I export it into GIF format, the middle body of the insect disappeared. It means, I have to improve my drawing or tracing skills when using Photoshop. There are still a lot of features of the software that I don't know. It takes time to master them but I believe that I can do that. Hope to create better artworks next time. by Charles Roring/ Email: charlesroring@gmail.com

No comments: