Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Olive-backed Sunbird in Minahasa Highland

Male Olive-backed Sunbird
After guiding tourists across Sulawesi, Ternate and Halmahera islands, I decided to go back to Minahasa for a 5-day birding and sightseeing tour in its highland and lowland. It was a very nice trip. I saw more birds. Some of them were Scaly-breasted Kingfisher, Sooty-headed Bulbul, Collared Kingfisher, Sulawesi Scops Owl, Cattle Egret, Sulawesi Drongo, Slender-billed Crow, Collared Kingfisher and a lot more.
There were small birds that I saw too. One of them was Olive-backed Sunbird. This little bird could hover in the air like a helicopter or dragon fly. I hadn't had an opportunity to shoot him while he was hovering. Two days ago, I saw him feeding on the nectar of papaya flower. He was quite close to mee and I was able to shoot him - with my camera, of course.
If you are interested in visiting North Sulawesi for birding and sightseeing, please, contact me by email to: leororing@gmail.com or whatsapp: +6281332245180

No comments: