Translate

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Traveling and Enjoying the Nightlife of Surabaya

by Charles Roring in Manokwari of West Papua - Indonesia


The last time I traveled to Surabaya, I was able to enjoy the night life of this second biggest city in Indonesia after Jakarta. Surabaya is a city of commerce. Goods and services are traded in this city in local, national and international scales. Besides being a commerce city, Surabaya has all its potentials to be the city of tourism. The nightlife always attracts tourists to enjoy the never tiring cosmopolitan. You can fly directly from major cities in Asia to Surabaya. Contact your travel agency if it knows any direct flights from your city to Surabaya.



0-contemporary_dance.jpg


Like other big cities in the world, there are many malls in Surabaya. Some that I like to visit are Pakuwon, Galaxi, Tunjungan Plaza and Delta. Whether you enjoy window shopping or eating in various Asian restaurants, Surabaya has it all. If you prefer to have a romantic scene then I will suggest that you visit the Singapore of Surabaya. It is a miniature of Singapore which you can enjoy especially at night.


When I was in a restaurant in the city center, I ate Chinese food. The taste of the food was actually not really delicious but the management of the restaurant really knew how to serve their customers. Dancers and singers were hired to perform on the stage to create a relax atmosphere. For a while, I was able to forget the traffic jam and the pollution exhausted by millions of vehicles in the city.



singapore-of-surabaya.jpg


The sound of loud music cherished the body movements of the dancers. I wonder how much these girls and boys got for one night show? Well, it might be enough to pay their living expenses in this city. Are they erotic dancers? I don't think so. Which place will I prefer to choose for spending my nightlife in the city? I would say the Singapore of Surabaya. It is located in Citra Land around 30 minutes driving from Juanda international airport.I heard that there is another place that is more suitable for clubbers. The city dwellers call it MEX. I used to see the building but I've never been there. I really want to visit it, and see with my own eyes what the MEX is really all about. I want to write about it for my blog. Unfortunately, I am not able to do that now, maybe next time. Also read: FRANKY YENNO AND HIS PEACE DANCING ARTWORK; Traveling to Mansinam island of West Papua; and Traveling under the canopy of Papuan tropical rainforest

No comments: