Translate

Friday, December 1, 2017

Birding and Snorkeling at Paradisea Beach of Raja Ampat

I have just finished a birding and snorkeling trip in Raja Ampat today. I visited a place in southern area of Waigeo called Paradisea beach. Although I only spent 2 days there, my birding experience was very nice. I saw Pinon Imperial Pigeon, Pink-spotted Fruit Dove, Eclectus Parrot, Palm Cockatoo, Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Rufous Bellied Kookaburra, Willie Wagtail, Spangled Drongo, Common Brush Turkey, Yellow-faced Myna, Blyth's Hornbill, Little Tern, Red Bird of Paradise and a lot more.
Female Red Bird of Paradise ( Paradisaea rubra
Pinon Imperial Pigeon in Raja Ampat
The waters of Paradisea beach is also rich of healthy coral reef and tropical fish. I enjoyed snorkeling in the morning and I saw a lot of species of fish including Parrotfish, Butterflyfish, Striped Surgeonfish,and Grouper.
Unfortunately, my underwater camera was broken a few years ago. So, I could not take pictures of the fish and its beautiful marine environment.
Paradisea beach of Raja Ampat
Paradisea beach is located approximately 30 minutes ride to the south of Waigeo island from the harbor of Waisai. It is very potential destination for visitors who like birding and snorkeling. I frequently visit Raja Ampat but it was my first experience of birding and snorkeling at paradisea beach. I like the place very much. If you are interested in snorkeling and birding in Raja Ampat and need me as your private guide, please, contact me (Charles Roring) e-mail to: peace4wp@gmail.com or send text message to my whatsapp: +6281332245180.
Don't forget to bring your snorkeling gear, underwater camera, binoculars and spotting scope.
Also read:

No comments: